Re: Reminder, blatant ad

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:05:59 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:

> I am still at a loss to explain the attraction of XML-family standards
> to impressive people such as yourself and Philip Wadler. My only
> working hypothesis is that it's the same reason that Sherlock
> Holmes took cocaine. Even thought it's really unhealthy, there's
> just not enough going on to keep the powerful mind occupied
> otherwise. I note that Wadler has done a lot with XML but
> still says "The problem that it solves isn't very hard, and it
> doesn't solve it very well." This would seem to fit my working
> hypothesis.

Marshall, at the risk of discrediting you by association with somebody like me who rarely gets the point of any so-called 'technology', I must say I think you are on to something even if I can't put it as well as you did. It all reminds me of something Groucho Marx wrote, declining to give a review for a humour book, something like "from the time i picked it up until i put it down, i couldn't stop laughing, someday i'm going to read it".

p Received on Fri Feb 10 2006 - 05:05:59 CET

Original text of this message