Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2006 17:14:19 -0800

The OP said:

>What sort of database or store could handle this load? I'm looking to
>price out a repository, basically capturing the best bid/ask and last
>information from all 6 option exchanges, and then have a retrieval
>application query this data in a timely fashion.

I see "repository" and "option exchanges," sounds to me like data one needs to keep for a long time. Unless it's some unregulated penny-stock exchange, or someone trying to sell a day-trading advice service...

I didn't mean to pick on you, I meant to pick on the Windows guy.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
I want a blue one!