Re: Definitions of Software and Database

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2006 17:43:58 -0800

Bob Hairgrove wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2006 15:59:17 -0800, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Of course then we might have to define "thinking" ;-)
>
> Yep ... just another troll.

Bob,

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. But you're not coming across
very well. I may not agree with Dawn on a number of subjects, but she's certainly established herself as a legitimate member of the round table, and in point of fact, you have not. Dawn's post outnumber yours by well over 10:1, and go back some years.

A statement like "If you will give me three reasons why I should believe
that you are not a troll, I will continue", directed at a polite member of
the society in good standing, by a relative newcomer, in an otherwise polite thread, does nothing to impress that your intentions are good; quite the opposite in fact. As it stands, your negative contributions here outweigh your positive ones.

If you care about being perceived as someone who wants in good faith to converse on technical subjects, you might wish to consider a course change. If you don't like someone's ideas, attack the ideas, not the person.

Marshall Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 02:43:58 CET

Original text of this message