Re: Reminder, blatant ad

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:58:23 +0200

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138807556.980279.105260_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> JOG wrote:
> > x wrote:
> > > "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Data entry is the same as data development ?
> >
> > That sounds nonsensical to my ears - one cannot 'develop' data, just as
> > one can't 'develop' a one or a zero.

> Agreed. One can implement systems in a combination of software and
> hardware. But if h/w is what you can weigh (or kick or ...) in a
> computer and s/w is the rest, then what is a s/w developer? If it is
> anyone participating in creating software and the software is
> everything you cannot kick, then a data entry person would be a
> software developer.

No because entry is not developing :-)
The one that do software entry are called software developers ?

To distinguish data from software you can say that the software provide a function and data does not. The data is processed. Received on Wed Feb 01 2006 - 16:58:23 CET

Original text of this message