Re: candidate keys in abstract parent relations

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:41:06 GMT

"Forrest L Norvell" <spankysyourpal_at_gmail.com> wrote

> Yes. This is where I've been blocked for several weeks now. I guess the
> simplest way of stating it is, is there value to separating an Album
> from a Release? Does it make sense to think about an Album as some sort
> of Platonic ideal entity that exists independent from a release?

Just as an aside, what would an Album look like if there were no Releases on it?

In other words, is the relationship between Albums and Releases mandatory (minimum cardinality 1)? I think this question is germane?

What would a Release look like, if there were no related Album? Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 22:41:06 CET

Original text of this message