Re: MV and SQL

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2006 11:17:38 -0800

x wrote:
<snip>

> What an SQL DBMS can't do when one can do anything with it. If one have a
> string of infinite length and a general language one can program anything
> programable with it.

Are you referring to SQL as a general language? It isn't a general-purpose programming language, right? It has been my experience that you always need another language, combined with SQL, to write a complete system and you might be assuming that when you talk about a SQL DBMS, rather than just SQL as the only interface with a DBMS. Mountain Man might be able to get an entire application out of the SQL DBMS if you toss in PL/SQL, but not just SQL, or am I missing something? --dawn Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 20:17:38 CET

Original text of this message