Relate sets of data

From: <johnleitao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 12:57:02 -0800

How would you try to proove statiscally that two sets of data are related?
The thing is I have access to a very big database of company losses, from various compnious and concerning different kinds of losses. Now I have my own company's losses databases, in the same format as the other, but I need a mathematical inference technique to say that as my data is consistent with theirs I can now I try to predict future losses using both sets of data and not just mine. I know this is quite complex, does anyone even have a clue of a mathematical or statistical technique to do this? Thank you very much, John Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 21:57:02 CET

Original text of this message