Multisets and 3VL

From: David Fetter <david_at_fetter.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:00:39 -0600

Folks,

I've read Date, Darwen and Pascal's ideas on how their relational model is based on set theory (I assume they mean ZFC, but it's probably not important) and two-valued logic, and they've done a thorough job of writing this down.

Has anybody done similar work starting from multiset theory and three-valued logic? I'd imagine that since those theories are more general, they limit the things you can say definitively just as neutral geometry has sharper limits on what it can prove than Euclidean geometry does.

If such work has been done, can I get a reference to it?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Cheers,
David.

phone: +1 510 893 6100    mobile: +1 415 235 3778

You don't need intelligence to have luck, but you do need luck to have
intelligence.