Re: Announcing New Blog

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 19:28:47 -0800

paul c wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > paul c wrote:

> >>I looked at that. Theme seems to be that Codd is dead. I would like to
> >>point out that fortunately, some of his disciples aren't.
> >>
> >>Although I think RVA's haven't been much explored, I would have liked a
> >>concrete reason for the NF2 example being better. Otherwise it's more
> >>polemic than real argument.

> > I have a at least a year's worth of material in order to address this
> > topic from many angles in blog-sized pieces.
>
> i guess i'll have to wait, then.
>
> There is no way I would
> > be able to take a couple of decades of momentum related to relational
> > theory and make a significant dent in it in one introductory blog, so I
> > hope you will stay tuned. I do intend to have working examples, but I
> > don't expect I'll start by swaying die-hard SQL-DBMS fans, so the cdt
> > crowd might be the hardest sell.
>
> please don't count me among that bunch.

Good deal and I won't.

> > There is surely a lot more missing information than information
> > presented in any given article, but I'll agree with your comment that I
> > have barely scratched the surface on the NF2 issue at this point. Feel
> > free to post comments to the blog too.
>
> tried, but after i turned on js it went wonky and i figured that i would
> have to allow cookies, which is against my religion.

Rats! I don't think it requires cookies (but I'll test it with them off again), but I hate to hear that it went wonky. I'm familiar with that technical term. If you can send me info about your flavor & version of browser either here or to dwolt at tincat-group dot com, that would be great. Thanks, Paul. --dawn