Re: Challenging SQL Query Problem. Can you solve it?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:52:41 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

>>> You mean not if they don't want support.
>>

>> I believe there are a couple of companies that do provide support for
>> Postgres.  Plus you can ask free of charge on the mailing lists which
>> include the developers.

> A couple of developers answering their email if they aren't at mom's
> for Christmas dinner is not 7x24 support but you are welcome to your
> concept.

come on. not defending postgresql (eg. i've met one of their teenage 'developers'), but i doubt if the Oracle developers are working 7x24 support either. just a few 1st-level and a few pretend 2nd-level. might as well hire your own 2nd or 3rd level. whether they're good products or bad 'products', both are complicated, maybe too complicated for really smart 7x24 operations, and if one wants 7x24 support, one should obtain one's own 7x24 expert support that doesn't depend on the 'phone lines working or the www being accessible.

p Received on Sat Dec 24 2005 - 02:52:41 CET

Original text of this message