Re: What does this NULL mean?

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 08:09:13 -0800

David Cressey wrote:
> It seems to me that there is room for all three: ground-breaking
> innovation, theoretical soundness, and busiinesslike reliability.
> And I don't think they should be forced to be on lock step with each other.

Aye, but systems that make advances in one of the above, will be mercilessly criticised for any lack in the other two. This is in spite of a technology's immaturity, and seems especially prevalent in a field as religious fervant as DBMS. This is of course a shame, as it hinders innovation, but as Frank would say, I guess "That's life". Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 17:09:13 CET

Original text of this message