Re: Computing Averages in MS Excel

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:23:35 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134096573.429324.11350_at_g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> You are right on that one.

Thank you very much.

> It has been some years, and my memory is
> fuzzy on it right now

From your phrasing, in inferred that it was current problem.

> -- I think the problem I encountered was that a
> SQL NULL was not an option as a value from the 2VL using this
> particular wrapper.

If the underlying engine was incapable of passing missing data toSQL as NULL, then it's not surprising that
SQL was less than satisfactory in its presentation of the data.

> I cannot see a reason right off why a wrapper
> could not be set to work as you suggested. I'll admit I am wrong in
> theory while I do recall that in practice there was definitely a
> problem.

Yes, it was a practical problem. But it may not have been a practical problem with SQL.

As the defendant said, after receiving an acquittal, "What office do I go to to get my good name back?"
You've judged SQL guilty, over the years on a variety of charges, many of which seem specious to me.
You've done the same thing with Oracle.

How much of your judgement is based on considerations that turn out to be extraneous to your thesis?
That's what I struggle with when I read your posts. Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 13:23:35 CET

Original text of this message