Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:17:51 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133996383.339868.79430_at_g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> I'm happy to be called a Pickie, but I'll confess I've only been in
> management in the Pick world.

That might explain why you like it, but cannot explain why.

> They might have adopted me by now, but
> I'm only willing to claim expertise in CICS COBOL (and maybe Fortran
> and Java, plus IMS, Oracle, and MySQL, and I guess a few more). I
> think Mike might be a real Pickie, however.

However, when you claim expertise in Oracle, and then say that you've met with disappointing results in your use of Oracle, that leaves open the question of whether or not the mismatch between Oracle and you was due to real defects in Oracle, or some other cause.

As Frank has said, even someone working with a shifting spanner (which I understand to mean "adjustable wrench") can work in the best possible way.

> IBM U2 (IBM's Pick products) suggest significant annual growth, but I
> don't know if it is from "the outside" or from ports from other Pick
> products.

When it catches up to DB2, let me know.

> And I probably write a lot because as one of my mentors said (who a
> decade later become my employee) "You sure do type fast, but girls do.
> That's why they make good secretaries." (He was explaining why I wrote
> code faster than he did.) Cheers! --dawn

Which do you do faster... typing or thinking? Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 15:17:51 CET

Original text of this message