Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 01:26:04 GMT

dawn wrote:
> Frank Hamersley wrote:
>
>>David Cressey wrote:

[..]

>>I know! - having waded thru '000's of posts.
>>
>>One thing does worry me tho - perhaps Dawn is right - given she has so
>>much time to craft responses

> and here I thought I was slipping. David would have me beat at least
> in the past few months, I'm pretty sure ;-)

True, although perhaps the topic responded to are broader than your apparent specificities?

>>(many of which a multilayed
>
> I don't know the word, but make enough typos myself that I'm guessing
> "multilayered"?

Yep - an interesting goof - I should look at the TB dictionary more closely! [[Ed. It is still happy with that spelling so I suspect that it must be viable in the good ol' USA! Perhaps it is to do with advanced chook farming where some hens lay more that once a day!]]

>>to the trained
>>eye) - or perhaps demand for Pickies is simply declining.
>
> I'm happy to be called a Pickie, but I'll confess I've only been in
> management in the Pick world. They might have adopted me by now, but
> I'm only willing to claim expertise in CICS COBOL (and maybe Fortran
> and Java, plus IMS, Oracle, and MySQL, and I guess a few more). I
> think Mike might be a real Pickie, however.
>
> IBM U2 (IBM's Pick products) suggest significant annual growth, but I
> don't know if it is from "the outside" or from ports from other Pick
> products.

Pollies answer follows - "I can neither confirm or deny". HEY! Isn't that a real world case of 3VL?

> And I probably write a lot because as one of my mentors said (who a
> decade later become my employee) "You sure do type fast, but girls do.
> That's why they make good secretaries." (He was explaining why I wrote
> code faster than he did.) Cheers! --dawn

All true - but my measure is the same as Brooks et al - that is working (or debugged) lines! ;-)

Cheers, Frank. Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 02:26:04 CET

Original text of this message