Re: Table design - reducing number of entities

From: frugalprogrammer <sillydeveloper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2005 11:43:13 -0800

I believe your process, described above in your first post, is one of the best I've seen for clarity in analyzing constraints for formation. That would never be interpretted as pulling tables out of nowhere, let alone a hat.

I was thinking along the lines of some of the developers I have worked with who do not use such a process, and literally do pull tables out of a hat, and no, they are not as cute as a bunny as usually I am the one tasked with cleaning up years of data.

Roy, what tools do you use for modelling, out of curiosity? I've been looking for migration / analysis tools, actually, and have resorted to building one myself.

~ AE ~
frugalprogrammer.com [because technology shouldn't hurt] Received on Fri Dec 02 2005 - 20:43:13 CET

Original text of this message