Re: Overriding derived values

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 16:54:07 -0800

mAsterdam wrote:
> Hugo Kornelis wrote:
>
> > For indefinite bans or discounts, set end date to either NULL or to a
> > silly date in the distant future, like 9999-12-31.

I recall a time when all 9's for values was more common than high-values or nulls or using only accurate values, but I thought that time was 20-30 years ago. Some traditions live on. I particularly like it when then all 8's has another meaning and all 7's yet another. You gotta love strong typing -- it gives us something to work around, eh?

> LOL :-)
ditto. smiles. --dawn Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 18:54:07 CST