Re: Oracle licensing for dual core processors

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:52:38 -0000

Check out SQL Server 2005 editions now too and pricing...

SQL Express - Free
Workgroup edition - £2.5K for a 1 processor (physical processor) liecene for unlimited users.
Standard edition - £4K for a 1 processor (physical processor) liecene for unlimited users.
Enterprise - £16K a 1 processor (physical processor) liecene for unlimited users.

Once we get > dual core processors i'd expect MS to change the pricing model too (or maybe not!).

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP