From: FrankHamersley <FrankHamersleyZat_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:44:14 GMT

paul c wrote:
> Frank Hamersley wrote:

>> JOG wrote:

>>> I for one _really_ hope some database corporate representatives are
>>> reading this thread, and take this feature into consideration for their
>>> future releases.
>>
>> Errr...pardon me for being dense...but exactly what is the "feature"
>> we so desperately need?
>>
>> Cheers, Frank.

> I was trying to exercise restraint, but I guess I've gotten sucked in
> along with some smart people. puts me in good company, i suppose ...
>
> i don't understand why such a question ends up with so much space on the
> "databases.theory" newsgroup. is it because there is no such group as
> "comp.databases.practice.etc"?

...or is it because none of the various theories don't cut it (yet)?

Not one of them seem to have universal appeal when the "solution" angle is considered. Most of the various pundits energy seems directed at taking out the "bad" aspects of any competing proposals. Natural selection at work perhaps?

Cheers Frank. Received on Wed Nov 23 2005 - 11:44:14 CET

Original text of this message