From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:07:58 GMT

Frank Hamersley wrote:
> JOG wrote:
>

>> michael_at_preece.net wrote:
>>
>>> "A value of the Boolean data type is either true or false. The truth
>>> value of unknown is sometimes represented by the null value."
>>>
>>> Dodgy or what?! It would be better to use a large cumbersome robot
>>> waving its arms about saying "does not compute" than to use null for
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Mike.
>>

>> I for one _really_ hope some database corporate representatives are
>> reading this thread, and take this feature into consideration for their
>> future releases.

> Errr...pardon me for being dense...but exactly what is the "feature" we
> so desperately need?
>
> Cheers, Frank.

I was trying to exercise restraint, but I guess I've gotten sucked in along with some smart people. puts me in good company, i suppose ...

i don't understand why such a question ends up with so much space on the "databases.theory" newsgroup. is it because there is no such group as "comp.databases.practice.etc"?

p Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 19:07:58 CST