From: Alexandr Savinov <spam_at_conceptoriented.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:15:01 +0100

michael_at_preece.net schrieb:
> Alexandr Savinov wrote:
>

>>I wanted to say that
>>- assigning null value, and
>>- deleting a link record
>>is one and the same (in the context of our discussion).

> In Pick you would set the record to null and write it back. That
> records the fact that the thing is empty - which is entirely different
> to recording the absence of the thing.

What is the difference between empty thing and a thing that does not exist (or absent thing)? (In Pick)

For me empty thing is a thing with all fields nulls but with non-null identifier. In this case it exists only as identity but not as an entity. As a result it is invisible in any dimension (no report or query will retreive this record). The only way to get it consists in using its identifier. Are there other interpretations?

--
http://conceptoriented.com