From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:03:17 GMT

<michael_at_preece.net> wrote in message news:1132265295.694372.227790_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> For us Pickies it's easy - null is
> equal to an empty string.

That's easy, but it's also wrong. There are data processing situations where treating the string that doesn't exist as equal to the empty string will be an obstacle to success.

I'm not going to go through the effort of setting up such a scenarion for you. As Bob Badour might have said, it's not my job to educate you.

If you ever run into such a situation, perhaps you will recall this discussion. If not, then more power to you. Received on Sat Nov 19 2005 - 15:03:17 CET

Original text of this message