Re: Nested Sets vs. Nested Intervals

From: <amado.alves_at_netcabo.pt>
Date: 12 Nov 2005 19:21:29 -0800

<<A labeled edge

         attr. name
subject -------------> value

give rise to ambiguity

                   subject

attr.name -------------> value >>

Indeed. See the given interpretations of the untyped connection, specially (3).

Thanks a lot for the Formal Concept Analysis reference. I'll surely take a look.

"Nobody said the other models don't have the right to exist. Hey, there

is even connection of formal concept analysis to relational algebra."

Mitiko et al., I'm thrilled that you took the time to review these sort of non-relational ideas. Thanks a lot. Every two years or so I babble here and there some non-relational thoughts, and I think it's the first time they've met with some rational appreciation. Maybe it's a sign of times, namely the spectre of "semi-structured data" (oops, I've said it) upon us, or my system got better, or both. Anyway thanks a lot, and I totally retract what I said about you being under the Myth.

"It is simply that the alternative models are less mature and never
enjoyed
the same level of success as RM."

And 30 years from now someone will be saying that substituting MC for RM :-) Received on Sat Nov 12 2005 - 21:21:29 CST