Re: Nested Sets vs. Nested Intervals

From: <amado.alves_at_netcabo.pt>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 03:57:07 -0800

<<In order to be more specific, would you please elaborate on the RDF algebra.
like, give a definition of the algebra ?>>

An RDF algebra is given in "RAL: an Algebra for Querying RDF" by Fransicar et al. There are others. I remember seing very nice discussions in the proceedings of the WWW conference some years ago.

For XML see: "TAX: A Tree Algebra for XML" by Jagadish et al. and "XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics" by the W3C, which supersedes "The XML Query Algebra."

For my own efforts see thread "Implementing a graph algebra."

Please note that I do not particulary favour RDF. I am interested in more general languages, ideally one capable of solving the wild disparity of Semantic Web languages found today. Maybe a bit like what Codd did in the 1970's w.r.t. the disparity of database models. Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 12:57:07 CET

Original text of this message