re:Data modeling issues for a travel planning system

From: hensome2004 <henrychang04_at_hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 02:10:01 -0600

As I move on to model the railway stations, I found another difficulty using order number to represent the station order of a particular line. Since many lines have more than two terminals, and there are many branches in one line.

For example, at station A of line 1, there are 3 trains pointing to 3 directions to station B, C, and D. Station A, B, C, D all belong to the same line 1. How could we model this situation if we use order number in the STATION_LINE table?

-Henry Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 09:10:01 CET

Original text of this message