re:Data modeling issues for a travel planning system

From: hensome2004 <henrychang04_at_hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:09:57 -0600

Thank you Kevin. Having an order number in the STATION_LINE table is a very good idea instead of having the nextstation column. But there is one problem. The records in the database could be inserted or deleted. When we add a station for a particular line, we could have inserted an order number of 25 if the two adjacent stations are 1 and 50 respectively.

Using this approach there will be limitations when we add more stations or lines to the database. Is there any better option for this?

  • Henry