Re: Database design, Keys and some other things

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2005 10:58:18 -0700

The tables are simplified for the purpose paying attention to keys. There is the complete explanation of this example, definition of Key and others things related to it, on my website www.dbdesign10.com. CarKey is Key and in my opinion it has more appropriate definition of Key. Current definition of Key in the database theory and its implementation has limitations, especially for the complex database projects.
I would like to emphasizes the relation between CarKey and CarID ( I call this E-relation in my Data Model because this is the entity level).
For the table Car following set of the pairs (23, vin1), (24, vin1) and (25, vin1)

identify one car in the Real World. (much better then the pair (23, vin1))
And for these values it is "True" that they are in the relation.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Sat Sep 24 2005 - 19:58:18 CEST

Original text of this message