Re: Indexes and Logical design

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:44:25 -0700

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:27:44 GMT, "David Cressey" <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>"VC" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Does it mean that you actually do not have any technical arguments to
>> substantiate your claim that indexes belong to the logical model, or in
>> other words indexes are something else beyond being a performance tool ?
>
>Why don't you just pretend that we had an argument, and that you won?
>That'll save us both a whole lot of time.

     How about you acknowledge that you did not have much of an argument in the first place and that it was shot down (correctly)? There is no demerit to correcting oneself. There is to ranting on.

     Listening to someone trying to muddle together logical and physical models gets old fast. I prefer more precise language.

     If you want imprecise, talk to end users. They usually do not know computers very well, if at all. There is no need to wonder why it often takes a long time to get things straight with them.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Tue Sep 13 2005 - 19:44:25 CEST

Original text of this message