Re: Advice on SQL and records

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 09:28:33 -0700

Jon Heggland wrote:
> marshall.spight_at_gmail.com says...
>
> > You're right that "row" is a less than ideal term, though. The
> > best term I can think of would be "member" from set theory, but
> > I don't think that term would work out too well.
>
> What's wrong with "tuple"?

Nothing! But the term "tuple" doesn't say anything about this datum existing within a larger structure, the set, whereas "member" does. Of course, "tuple" says what the metastructure of the datum is, and member says nothing about the structure.

Sigh.

Marshall Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 11:28:33 CDT