Re: Is there any way I can make garbage collection aggressive in SQL 2000 or 2005?

From: Nimesh <nimeshj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 00:00:15 -0700

It is not very urgent but we need to find out the cause and solve if possible:
1. Yes, this machine is operational 24*7*365. But we do reboot this server once in week (Every sunday morning) for backup and to clear memory.
2. Yes, we have examined the memory release. And it does get release after re-boot.
3. Yes, we have accessed the rate of accumulation after reboot and re-start of the service. After reboot/restart the Analysis service cosumes 150 MB and after a day 400 MB, and after a week if the service is not restarted it reaches at round 1.5 GB. Do not know why this happening. We want to findout the cause of this. And possible solution. Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 09:00:15 CEST

Original text of this message