Re: Is there any way I can make garbage collection aggressive in SQL 2000 or 2005?

From: Nimesh <nimeshj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 22:18:36 -0700

Thanks for your reply. I know it is behavior of SQL 2000, and it is supposed to release the memory when not required. That is why I want to make garbagge collection aggressive. Other than this we are also facing this problem in Analysis server, this service is consuming more than 1.5 GB of memory. And while the cube in the process mode, it becomes very very slow to get the data. We are also trying to optimize the cube. How to Optimize the cube in SQL 2005? But my primary query is, is there any way by which we can make garbage collection aggressive in SQL 2000. Please let me know if any one knowa how to do it? Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 00:18:36 CDT