Re: SQL Humor

From: AK <AK_TIREDOFSPAM_at_hotmail.COM>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 06:22:23 -0700

> beleive me or not, in some cases it's 100% or more

I simply don't believe you. I don't believe the difference can be 100%. I
certainly don't believe it can be more. And I don't believe you can even
measure what difference there is. And even if I did believe all that, I
don't believe it is anything but a bug in your software.

So I 100% don't believe you. However, I am willing to be persuaded by proof.
<<

Vow, I missed such a statement.
Well, imagine a table with rows that are almost 4K each. That's 2 rows per an 8K page. Add some additional width, and you end up with just one row per data page, a 100% increase in table size. Believe me or not, that's not a bug in our software, that's the way SQL Server stores data.
On one hand, moving from 2K pages in 65 to 8K pages in 70 in 200 is a big improvement. On the other hand, in Oracle we can choose page size (blocksize in Oracle universe) Received on Mon Aug 22 2005 - 15:22:23 CEST

Original text of this message