Re: dbdebunk 'Quote of Week' comment

From: Frank_Hamersley <terabite_at_isat.bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 05:52:00 GMT

"Alex Papadimoulis" <ernestpworrell_at_gmail.com> wrote >
> In my travels, I have been to all corners of North America.>

Heh heh ... as a famous TV commentator once said when interviewing a real life Forrest Gump ...

   "thats amazing, you have really traveled the world then!"

As for me I recognise I have only barely scratched the surface with 1 continent and 5 summits left to go!

[..]
> When you ignore this fundamental, your model becomes closer and closer
> to the ineffective ways of the past. Worse still, you lose the tools
> they had back then (IDMS pointer functions, for example) to keep their
> models running. As Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember the past
> are condemned to repeat it."

For me the prime determinant is the talent, not the tool. Sadly (IMO) most practitioners have limited talent. To add my pithy 10c ...

   "A good workman never blames his tools" (apols for the lack of PC)

Regards, Frank. Received on Sat Aug 20 2005 - 07:52:00 CEST

Original text of this message