Re: SQL Humor

From: JT <someone_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:59:12 -0400

GB sized XML documents are typically loaded into structures such as datasets which swap the data into and out of memory as needed. I don't see why an application would need to load the entire contents into a flat memory object like a string. If you want to write an application that loads GBs of data into memory, then I'm sure the end users will express their own opinions about the design when their PC or server bogs down due to depleted resources.