Re: dbdebunk 'Quote of Week' comment

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:18:03 -0700

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:03:06 +0200, Alexandr Savinov <savinov_at_host.com> wrote:

[snip]

     Mr. Savinov might be feeling a bit stung since one of his remarks recently was a Quote of the Week at dbdebunk.com.

>The main problem of dbdebunk is that they do not propose anything new

     You have not been reading the site, have you?

>and their main argument is that we do not need anything new because we
>have already one good theory and that is enough -- the main problem (in

     They do not argue that we do not need anything new.

>their opinion) is that this theory is not used correctly and there exist
>bad boys who do not understand it (bad programmers, bad database
>developers and so on). Those bad boys produce bad products and try to
>enhance this ultimate theory and its is crime. Why that theory is good?

     They do not enhance it. They pervert it. For example, the whole XML craze is a throwback. dbdebunk.com says why.

>Just because it is based on set theory (stupid argument, is not it). I

     Straw man.

>would qualify dbdebunk as religious fanatics who identify themselves
>with this one theory and speak on bahalf of it. They think their role
>consists in protecting this theory and the way they chose consists in
>isolating it from the outside world, frozing in its current state and
>fighting with any type of heretics. So it is really dogmatic and

     They would like to see it implemented.

>orthodox site (unfortunately). And anybody who wants to learn something
>new, unusual, surprising and interesting should keep a distance from
>this site because they think that they know what truth is.

     Do you think that you know what truth is?

     If you do not, why should we listen to you? If you do, according to you, we should keep a distance from you. (Your argument lacks rigor.)

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Fri Aug 19 2005 - 19:18:03 CEST

Original text of this message