Re: Oids

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2005 20:30:01 -0700

Mikito Harakiri wrote:
> Marshall Spight wrote:
>
> > > Now, it seems that you hit the nail, and the rowid maps Relational
> > > Lattice into a boolean algebra with just 2 elements 00 and 01. This is
> > > dual to header lattice homomorhism of Relational Lattice into a boolean
> > > algebra of sets. The symmetry is sligtly broken, but who would insist
> > > that rows and columns are completely symmetrical?
> >
> > If we define 10 existentially, does that fix the symmetry? Instead
> > of a single boolean algebra, we have one-per-type-of-A.
>
> I'm not able to follow this idea.

For every A, we define an algebra specific to that A, for which the value of 10 is zero rows, columns-same-as-A. So it's finite and easily constructable.

Of course, I think I just got the issue about, what if A has no attributes. I'm still thinking about this.

Gee this is fun, isn't it? I love the painful feeling in my brain as I try to follow along.

Marshall Received on Thu Aug 18 2005 - 05:30:01 CEST

Original text of this message