Re: Oids

From: Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_invalid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2005 13:41:08 -0700

vc wrote:
> Vadim Tropashko wrote:
> > Mikito Harakiri wrote:

> > > No rowids, then. Sigh.
> >
> > To wake up Marshall: rowids are object identifiers.
>
> What rowids do you keep talking about ?
>
> If I understand your "generalized union" definition correctly, '00
> union A' will return at best a relation with one empty tuple. Where's
> the rowid ?

According to your corrected definition

rowids(A) = Ox = 00 union A

Well, in your model rowids(A) is either 00 or 01, and your model might even turn out to be consistent. Note, however, nothing prevents us from defining

rowids(A) = Ox = 00 union A

where x is the set corresponding to the natural number - cardinality of A Received on Wed Aug 17 2005 - 22:41:08 CEST

Original text of this message