Re: Meta: The word "symbol"

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:52:30 -0700

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 02:13:12 +0200, mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote:

>David Cressey wrote:
>> A few days ago, VC commented on my use of the word "symbol" saying that I
>> was inventing new terminology. I'm trying to restrain the urge to rant,
>> and just give a sober reply.
>
>> ... Some of you may think I've given in to ranting, ...
>
>Not at all. Some with best intentions have
>an unfortunate way of stating opinions and facts
>in a way which very easily antagonizes other
>people. But it's not trolling IMHO.

     I think it is more on the part of the reader. If you are looking for an antagonistic interpretation, you will almost certainly find one. If you are looking for a reasonable interpreation, you will probably find one (assuming that one is there to be found).

     Remember, folks, not everyone does it your way, they may have good reason for not doing it your way, and that does not necessarily invalidate your way. Neither do they do it my way, etc.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 19:52:30 CEST

Original text of this message