Re: The naive test for equality

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:45:59 +0200

VC wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:

>>VC wrote:

>>>For example ?
>>
>>What do you mean by "self-induced"?
>
> Self-inflicted (synonym)

The "Self" being the modeller, right?
When modelling is done by teams there are more selves. Any two people even when working together closely for years have different associations and connotations with some words some time.

Another, less cryptic example:

Say a team tries to meet the requirement that it should be possible to find out where a piece of information came from.

One thinks 'origin', another one thinks 'source'. (1)

Let's say they talk about it and decide on 'source'.

One thinks 'the source code of a program' because yesterday he spent some time finding a source-file, another one thinks 'the external agent providing the piece of information' because he just finished a business process analysis session. (2)

Both the synonym-problem (1) and the homonym-problem (2) may very well be recognized and resolved, of course. Or not. Or to late. Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 23:45:59 CEST

Original text of this message