Re: Just one more anecdote

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:32:07 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122476883.931471.295040_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> So when I hear another story like this one, instead of doing an
> excellent historical study of it, which I would love to have -- where
> is Bob Woodward when you need him? -- I think through what I have read
> about project failures and what I have seen.

But there was nothing in the report of the demise of the project that tied it to the use of an SQL-RDBMS.

> > A good conceptual model is implementation neutral. Again, analysis,
rather
> > than design.
>
> I'd like to think that is the case. Can you point me to one good
> example of a conceptual model for a system that is not tiny?

I've seen several in the projects I worked on, but I can't point you to them.

> > You are assuming a fact not yet in evidence.
>
> Yes. I made a conjecture based on something less than omnipotence.

No. You are treating as proven something this audience generally does not accept.

> In order to get good, interesting, informed, alternative opinions from
> people like you, perhaps sometimes I lure you into my lair.

Ah. Now were getting a little candor. Good! Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 03:32:07 CEST

Original text of this message