A simple link, it turns out

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2005 18:01:39 -0700

>From August 2005 wired (sometime in the near future) a callout in the
article "We are the Web" by Kevin Kelly reads,

"A simple link, it turns out, is the most powerful invention of the decade."

The RM turned our former foreign key navigating links into set processing joins so that instead of navigating from one "page" to another, we join, restrict and project.

I, for one, am pleased that links have been "invented" and we are permitted to drive around through data again. I don't need to do it all the time, typically when I have a particular instance -- person, place, thing or event -- and want to know more about it. Sure, if I know where I'm headed I could do that with set processing, but I appreciate the permission to wander too.

smiles. --dawn Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 03:01:39 CEST

Original text of this message