Re: Implementation of boolean types.

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:39:18 -0700

On 24 Jul 2005 16:31:43 -0700, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>Similarly, I could take a proposition like this one:
>
>I topped the pizza crust with sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni
>
>and model it with a relation
>
>PizzaToppings("pizzaId", "topping")
>
>and then ask my model the question "What topping do I put on after the
>mozzarella?" It is not that I am using relations that introduces the
>flaw -- it is that I opted to model it this way, which was not useful
>for the question I'm asking. So, it is a flaw to use this particular
>metaphor and, in this case, the metaphor is flawed.

     No, the metaphor is incorrect in this case as it does not do what you want. That, however, does not mean it is flawed or that it is not useful. In another case, you might correctly want that metaphor. Maybe, when making stew?

     The RM cafe. We can SET you up with a hearty stew, or you can ORDER pizza. Please ignore the arguments you hear: we are still trying to decide whether to call our collective offerings a set or a list.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Tue Jul 26 2005 - 00:39:18 CEST

Original text of this message