Course Material Available for Intro & Advanced DB Course

From: Ellis Cohen <e.cohen_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:18:06 -0400

Announcing complete and extensive PowerPoint slides and manuals for both an introductory and an advanced database course, along with supporting manuals, available from http://purl.oclc.org/net/db

The introductory course is Oracle-based, and some of the material is Oracle-centric.

The manuals describe Conceptual Modeling with Crow Magnum and ConText
-- my visual and textual entity-relationship modeling languages,
Relational Modeling with Extended Relational Schemas and TRex
-- my visual and textual relational modeling languages,
and REAL (Relational Expression and Assignment Language)
-- my language for the Relational Algebra.

This material has been developed and extensively tested by Dr. Ellis S. Cohen in graduate CS courses at Boston University.

It is available under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 16:18:06 CEST

Original text of this message