Re: Implementation of boolean types.

From: Frank_Hamersley <terabite_at_isat.bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:39:41 GMT

"Misha Dorman" wrote
> dawn wrote:
> > -CELKO- wrote:
> > > ... camelCase is worse and you can measure it
> > >with eye movement studies.
> > You laid out the case for using the underscore. It is a good one, but
> > not sufficient. Others standards have also been thought out. I don't
> > know if UML standards indicate naming conventions, but the diagrams I
> > have seen use the more OOP naming standards.
>
> Unfortunately, most naming convention standards writers (whether
> international, industry or local) simply do not consider issues such as
> readability, ease-of-scanning, or similar issues such as ease of typing.
>
> Considering how much time we spend reading and (to a lesser extent)
> writing code, this seems rather short-sighted (sorry :-)

Yes...and this point also extends to the style in which the code is laid out (white space etc).

IMHO, absolute adherence (by the entire team) to the mandated (for capitalist readers) or agreed (for communists) style is the main issue in ensuring maximum productivity!

Cheers, Frank. Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 05:39:41 CEST

Original text of this message