Re: A good argument for XML

From: <arthernan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2005 10:09:51 -0700

> The beauty of relationally-organised data is that many more
>questions can be easily answered.

I couldn't agree more, the database is and should stay relational. Or at least that is the way I am thinking now.

>>product between 5 tables. Somehow the reporting tool would decipher
>>that? All this if we want to avoid a hierarchical output from the
>
> Easily. Create a view.

How is a view going to solve the problem. There is an agenda, and a list of participants to the class, each participant gets both and they are both tied to an event. Put them on the same query and you get a cross product. How will a view fix this problem.

Arturo Hernandez Received on Mon Jul 18 2005 - 19:09:51 CEST

Original text of this message