Re: Implementation of boolean types.

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:35:13 -0700

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:21:06 -0400, Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock> wrote:

[snip]

>only a committee would come up with values of 1=male and 2=female. If you
>protest that these are multilingual, I say pick French, pick English, pick
>anything. but 1=male? nobody will ever remember that, and they'll just
>use the values for their language.

     A recent example that I saw was in a Scandinavian language for small, medium, and large. Apparently, the initials for the corresponding words in that language respectively start with L, M, and S. The speakers of that language use S, M, and L for sizes, in that order.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Thu Jul 14 2005 - 19:35:13 CEST

Original text of this message