From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:02:37 -0700

On 11 Jul 2005 11:17:44 -0700, "Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

>I am confused by this POSREP thingy. Especially when it is something
>not supported by actually implemented system.

     Many programming languages have something like that. You can output a value in a number of forms. POSSREP just extends the idea.

>More important, however, what is all this referring to mathematical
>examples (Circle-Ellipse, Polar-Cartesian) in order to make some
>retarded OOP point? The correspondence between cartesian and polar is

 ^^^^^^^^
     Please do not be rude.

>*interesting* from mathematical perspective. Ditto Circle-Ellipse. It

     It is a well-known example of POSSREP as is the temperature example.

>is treated as implementation detail from OOP perspective. If the type
>details are hidden behing some (procedural) code, it leaves no
>possibilities for expression rewriting, optimization, etc.

     The procedures might be optimised.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Mon Jul 11 2005 - 23:02:37 CEST

Original text of this message