source for RM research

From: falcon <shahbazc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2005 00:02:43 -0700

I recently started trying to understand the relational model. I took a DBMS class (undergrad) about five years ago...more recently I have been studying C. J. Date's 8th edition of 'Database Systems.'

I would like to look at what recent work has been done in either advancing the relational model or applying it to various fields (languages with native relations, relational alternative to xml, etc.).  I looked at vldb.org and most of those papers seem to be about either database implementation or xml-something-or-another. I recently bought acm membership...and the papers there seem similar. dbdebunk seems to focus more on defending the relational model (naturally) than to serve as some sort of repository of good papers or books.

Ideally, I'd like to know if there is something like lambda-the-ultimate.org or gpgpu.org for the relational model? Received on Tue Jul 05 2005 - 09:02:43 CEST

Original text of this message