From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:13:10 GMT

Jon Heggland wrote:
> In article <NBAxe.135734$rx6.7273595_at_phobos.telenet-ops.be>,
> jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be says...

>>>This sounds just like D&D's definition in TTM. But a lexical object is
>>>not a value, it is the representation of a value? What then is a lexical
>>>object *type*?
>>
>>A set of values.

> Let me try to sum up.
>
> A value has one or more representations.

Yes, but note that that was true in *my* definition of value. In ORM terminology the notions of value and representation are usually considered synonymous.

> A lexical object is a representation, not a value.

Again, under my definition of value. In ORM's vocabulary this would not be true.

> A lexical object type is a set of values.

Yep, although it would probably have been less confusing if I would have said it was a set of representations. My apologies for that.

  • Jan Hidders