Re: Simple Example, How To Model It In RM

From: John <no_at_email>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:41:23 +0100

Neo wrote:

> Could some post a RM script equivalent to the following xrdb script?
>
> // Create type person and make it an item of main directory.
> // Note: "inst" is short for instance.
> (CREATE type inst *person & dir item it)
>
> // Create persons john, mary and sue.
> (CREATE person inst *john)
> (CREATE person inst *mary)
> (CREATE person inst *sue)
>
> // Create verb to relate things.
> (CREATE verb inst *friend)
> (CREATE verb inst *like)
> (CREATE verb inst *because)
>
> // Create relationships between persons, etc.
> (CREATE john friend mary)
> (CREATE mary friend john)
> (CREATE sue like john because (mary friend john))
>
> // Why does Sue like John?
> // Returns (mary friend john).
> (SELECT sue like john because *)
>
> // What is the relationship between john and mary?
> // Returns friend.
> (SELECT john * mary)
>

> To implement above, copy and paste into xrdb's input box and press
> submit button. To view the data, expand tree node labeled "person". For
> more info, see www.xrdb.com/example

No I cannot, and I request that no other posters do.

You have been indulged (by me among others) in previous similar trials, and have failed to produce an advocacy paper with a theoretical or mathematical discussion of your language.

You are spamming this newsgroup with what amounts to commercial advertising, since you are unwilling to provide any theory.

John Received on Thu Jun 30 2005 - 11:41:23 CEST

Original text of this message