Designing a language database - issues?

From: Paul <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:38:36 +0100

Hi all,

As a hobby project, I want to write a dictionary (basically of Hungarian for English speakers - but I don't suppose that the languages themselves matter fundamentally. It will be a bit more complicated than just a simple word list - I want to put in grammar and usage also.

Has any work been done on this - design of tables &c? I did Google, but couldn't see anything satisfactory.

Any references, tips, hints or help appreciated.

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, (Enterprise Ed.)

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.