Designing a language database - issues?

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:38:36 +0100

Hi all,

As a hobby project, I want to write a dictionary (basically of Hungarian for English speakers - but I don't suppose that the languages themselves matter fundamentally. It will be a bit more complicated than just a simple word list - I want to put in grammar and usage also.

Has any work been done on this - design of tables &c? I did Google, but couldn't see anything satisfactory.

Any references, tips, hints or help appreciated.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0=6;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.